What to wear for your NJ Fall Family Session
It’s that time of year again! Summer is coming to an end and it’s time to reserve your NJ fall family photography sessions! In this post I’m sharing some inspiration on what to wear for your session this season. You’ll want to choose outfits that complement the warm tones typically associated with the autumn colors.
What to wear for your NJ fall family session:
- Color suggestions: Earthy tones (think brown, beige, olive green), burgundy, mustard yellow, rust, navy blue, cream and ivory.
- Coordinate rather than match exactly.
- Stay away from large patterns. If someone is to wear a pattern, choose colors that can be pulled from the outfit and don’t have anyone else in a pattern.
- Avoid bright or neon colors.
- Shoe choice is important since your feet will be in the photographs. Avoid running sneakers, and keep it neutral.
- Ditch the Apple Watch please 🙂
- Remove chipped nail polish and opt for a neutral color.
Here is some inspiration I put together:
As always, choose something that you feel confident and comfortable in (I’m talking to you moms!) Moms should always choose their outfits first and curate their families outfits around them. Of course, don’t stress too much and if all else fails just stick to neutrals like cream, brown, and ivory.
I’m looking forward to seeing you for your NJ fall family session this year!
Erin Dwyer is a NJ newborn photographer also specializing in maternity, baby and family photography. Serving North/Central New Jersey including Bernardsville, Basking Ridge, Madison, Chatham, Summit, Maplewood, Westfield, Hoboken and Jersey City as well as Essex County, Morris County, Somerset County, Union County, and Hudson County.